Monday, August 15, 2016

+43

The appeal court in New York gives appellants the choice for selecting their own filing date within a range of 91 days according to the rules shown in THIS FORM ("(2) when no transcript is ordered.." applies to me as indicated HERE). This District Court Docket Sheet (entry #16) shows that my notice of appeal was filed on July 12 and form D-P is due within 14 days. Even if we count including the day of the triggering events, which I don't think is the usual practice, we have this:
12+ 14=26
That leaves 6 days of July's 31 days. Add to that 31 and 30 days of August and September respectively and you get 67. Now subtract that from 91 and you get 24 days of October. This makes my selected date of October 23 with in the valid range. If so then why did I find THIS ORDER setting the date at October 19 because the date I selected "exceeds the time allowed by the rule"? It is not a big difference, but why? The corruption guy playing his games again?     

No comments:

Post a Comment