Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Probably just for fun


One of the games this hedge fund guy played and could be just for fun is this. I once lost access to my bank account (the same bank I think he wanted to attack because they did not as easily provide him access to my account as did other financial institutions so he made a cyber attack and spread it to also include other banks then blamed it on china to throw away suspicion). Every time I contact the phone number related to that matter I hear the name of the bank followed immediately by "Good by" and the phone call ends. My email to the customer service did not lead to anything special except the suggestion of going to a branch office .It was not only that number  but I also tried and heard the same thing most or all of the other main phone numbers related to individual banking and I kept wondering how could they be OK with their system not functioning to this level. I kept receiving the same message from that phone number every time I call for about a week or more according to what I remember until I decided to go the branch near me to resolve the issue. When I went there they told me that they also need to contact that same number to solve the problem just like me. To my surprise that same number worked fine when called from that branch so I stopped the process and went back to my home to restart and complete that same process. But when I called I again received the same machine response announcing the name of the bank followed by "good by" ending the call. Because of the different response between the branch and my home I thought that I need to also try my cell phone and when I did that everything worked fine just like calling from the branch office.


As you can see it was a game targeting only me through my land line . I told the customer service when I reached them from my cell phone about what happened but who would believe such a story.
Of course I am aware that he might have played that game entirely through the internet phone company I am with without any involvement from inside the bank. But there also times when my access was temporarily disabled because of what is hard to be seen as other than through internal game. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment