Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Third Reason

I previously spoke about two reasons for why I may not follow a corrupt path like those I see here. I mentioned that assuming that I choose not to be restricted by morality, I still would not be sold as cheaply as I see here for the benefit of others. In addition to those two reasons there is a third one. This third reason is about being part of or agreeing with the choices being made. Even if I want to volunteer a corruption for the sake of goodness, dignity requires at least some mental agreement rather than following stupid choices made by someone else.
There is also a question of existence related to that third reason. People may wonder about Saddam or Hitler or similar crazy dictators. But Saddam or Hitler ,while it is very hard not to think that there weren't sever psychological disturbances inside them, in the outside world they were doing what they want not what someone else wants. On the other hand, the same cannot be said about those who, even if they held the same moral standards of those two, would have chosen much different paths if they were in the positions of  those two but they still chose to follow them. The end result for many of them was that they not only risked and lost but they risked and lost for someone else and without even existing through their willful acts.     
  

No comments:

Post a Comment